DEFINITIONS – INTRODUCTION
The protection of your personal data is important to us.
By this policy “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” (hereinafter the “Company” or “we” or “us”), with registered office in Inofita, Viotia, (Industrial Area Thesi Roumani) defines and communicates the terms on which, acting as “Controller” as defined by law, it collects, stores, uses and generally processes your personal data, which it collects when you visit, register or use its website and when you interact with it in any other manner.
Website: the website https://www.marispolymers.com/el/ which is the full and exclusive property of our company together with the entire content.
The entire content of the website, including, but not limited to, texts, photos, videos, sounds and trademarks, is the intellectual property of the company and is protected by Greek and international laws.
As a result, unless there is a specific written permission, you have no right to copy and in particular exploit (commercially or otherwise) the content of the website. Such use, copy and exploitation (commercial or otherwise) directly affects the company (materially and morally) and entitles the company to compensation against the visitor/user, who commits the violation, for material, non material, present or future damage.
The company is committed to the protection of the processing of personal data of each visitor – user of the website https://www.marispolymers.com/el/, and of any natural persons as part of the cooperation they have established or wish to establish with it.
In any case, by using our services, each natural person accepts this Policy and is bound by its terms.
Our company regularly reviews this Policy in order to monitor and ensure ongoing compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
PERSONAL DATA AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA (Article 4 GDPR)
1) “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
2) “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY OUR COMPANY AND PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We aim to collect only your strictly necessary Personal Data that are appropriate and clear for the purpose for which they are intended. Such Data include the following:
- Data you provide us when you register and create a user account on our website or through the contact form on our website or through your personal contact and specifically data such as e-mail address, name, surname, postal address, telephone number.
- Data and information you provide to us by transacting with us (purchases, orders, etc.) and communicating with us, such as Tax ID number, address, method and contact details (telephone, e-mail).
- Data concerning the method of payment for the transactions you carry out with us (your bank account number and credit institution).
- Education information, such as studies, skills, knowledge of foreign languages, professional experience (only if you are responding to a job advertisement).
PRINCIPLES GOVERNING THE PROCESSING
The protection of personal data is very important for “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME”. We ensure full compliance with the applicable Data Protection Legal Framework, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 4624/2019, and process personal data in accordance with the applicable key principles. In this context, we ensure that your personal data:
(a) are processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subjects.
(b) are collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and are not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
(c) are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
(d) are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
(e) are kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
(f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
(g) Data subjects are granted rights of access to their records; and
(h) are not transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area.
WHAT ARE THE LEGAL BASES FOR THE PROCESSING OF DATA
The processing of data by “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” is based on one (or more) of the following legal bases:
- Contract: processing is necessary for the performance of any contract entered into between us
- Legal obligation: processing is necessary for us to comply with the obligations imposed on us by law (not including obligations under the contract).
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests as a data subject.
- Vital interests: processing is necessary for the protection of someone’s life or other vital interests.
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims: the processing is based on our right to pursue legal claims.
- Consent: by way of exception in cases where required by law or where none of the other legal bases apply, “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” will lawfully process the data upon your explicit and written consent
WHO RECEIVES AND PROCESSES THE DATA
Within “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” dedicated employees have access to your data. Access is classified according to their position and tasks and is limited to the data necessary for the purposes of the specific processing undertaken by them.
In addition to “MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” access is also granted to the IT security officer.
Your data can also be transmitted:
– to national or international regulatory, tax or other authorities or public bodies or courts, when required by law or regulation or by lawful order
– to third party service providers who process your Data as Processors on our behalf, in accordance with our instructions and under a specific agreement on the processing of your data. In this case, we only provide them with the information they need to carry out their specific services. They may only use your Data for the precise purposes we specify in our contract with them. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times. If we stop using their services, any of the data they hold will be erased or anonymised.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
- Right to information: you have the right to know which of your personal data we store. This allows you to understand how we use your personal data.
- Right to access: you have the right to access your personal data. This allows you to know and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of personal information we keep about you. This allows you to rectify any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): you have the right to request from us to erase or remove personal information when there is no legitimate ground for continuing their processing and due to the occurrence of a particular situation concerning you. Please note that this right is not an absolute “right to be forgotten”.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information. This allows you to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information if, for example, you wish to ascertain the accuracy of the personal data or the ground for processing.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive and reuse your personal information for your own purposes. This allows you to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (i.e. a data format that can be read and processed automatically by a computer, for example CSV, JSON and XML data formats – excluding PDF documents and scanned images).
- Right to raise objections: you have the right to object to the processing of your data.
- Rights related to automated decision-making, including profiling: you have the right to object to profiling and automated decision-making under certain circumstances.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We keep the data you disclose to our company for a period of one year, unless a contract has been entered into between us. In the event that any contract has been entered into between us, we will retain your necessary personal data for a period of five (5) years, unless the law provides for a longer period of time.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
Our company takes all necessary security measures to protect and ensure the privacy of your personal data (firewalls, encryption, etc.).
The information you submit to the company is managed solely by specially authorised personnel of the company under our control and only at our instructions and possibly by recipients where this is necessary for the fulfilment of our obligations. In order to carry out the processing, our company selects persons with appropriate professional qualifications who provide sufficient guarantees in terms of technical knowledge and personal integrity to ensure confidentiality. The company, through its respective contractual commitments and its partners, takes all necessary security measures to protect and ensure the privacy, confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. In any case, their security on the platform environment is subject to grounds beyond our influence, as well as grounds due to technical or other network failure beyond the company’s control, or grounds of force majeure or fortuitous events.
“MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” respects your rights to your personal data and facilitates their exercise. You can address any request, enquiry or complaint regarding your personal data by contacting the Data Protection Officer, Lawyer Christos STAMATOPOULOS via e-mail at [email protected]
We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days from receipt. If the above deadline needs to be extended for the investigation and/or handling of your request, we will inform you accordingly, explaining the reasons why the extension is necessary.
“MARIS POLYMERS POLYURETHANE MANUFACTURING SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME” will satisfy your request according to the requirements set forth by law. The possibility to exercise a right granted to you by law does not always mean that it can be fully accommodated, especially when there are other legal provisions limiting such right. If we are not able to accommodate your request, we will inform you of the reasons.
In any case, if you believe that the protection of your personal data has been breached in any way, you have the right to appeal to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. Detailed information on the jurisdiction of the Authority and on how to lodge a complaint is available on the website of the HDPA (www.dpa.gr)
The Company reserves the right to freely amend or revise the terms and conditions of use and transactions, whenever it deems necessary, and undertakes to inform consumers of any change through the pages of this website.